Bag Making: Hobo Tote
Use the T-base pattern to create this roomy hobo tote with two options for straps – a short handle, and a long sling strap.
- Student must have prior bag making experience before taking this class. If you’re new to bag making, try our Sling or Classic Tote workshops.
Duration: 8 hours with 1-hour lunch break
Schedule: Saturday or Sunday, 9am to 5pm
You can set your preferred dates with the instructor via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or SMS/Viber (+63919 921 6210) after checkout.
Meet your Instructor: Pat Peralta
Project: 1 leather hobo tote with 2 detachable straps
Topics and Techniques:
- Basic pattern making (T-base and boot seam)
- Bag construction
- Machine work (skiving and heat-stamping)
- Creating adjustable straps
Material inclusions will depend on the package you choose:
- Standard Hobo Bag: All materials will be provided at the studio. This includes veg-tanned leather, hardware, and thread.
- Use Your Own Leather: For this option, student must bring his/her own leather to the studio. Veg-tanned leather is ideal, but if the student opts to bring another leather type, it must be approved by the instructor beforehand. All other materials such as hardware will be provided at the studio.