Bag Making Online: Tote
This classic design is a great project for bag making beginners. Learn how to work the T-base pattern to create a hand-stitched leather tote.
- If you're not available on the provided schedule, contact us for a private session.
- Student must have prior leather crafting experience before taking this class. If you’re new to leather craft, try our entry level Basic Leather Crafting Workshop.
Nov 6 (SAT) 9AM - 5PM
Meet your Instructor/s:
Project: 1 leather tote bag
Topics and Techniques:
- Pattern making basics
- Creating and manipulating the T-base pattern
- Bag construction
- Kit inclusions are detailed HERE.
- You may opt to include suede or top-grain leather in your kit. You can also use your own leather.
- If you choose to use your own leather, better consult with the instructor if what you have is an appropriate leather type for this project. You may do so via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The following tools are also necessary for the class:
- BLC kit
- 25c coin
- It is also highly recommended that students use a bigger mat and ruler than those provided in BLC. The A2 cutting mat and 60cm ruler are available as an add-on.
To make the most out of the class, make sure that you have the following:
- Stable internet connection (stay close to your router for stronger connection)
- Device that has a camera and mic (i.e., smart phone, tablet, laptop)
- Sturdy table that can take a lot of hammering, at least 2 x 4 ft in size.
- Work space wherein you can make considerable noise for the duration of the class.