Level 3: Hobo Tote Workshop
Use the T-base pattern to create this roomy hobo tote with two options for straps – a short handle, and a long sling strap.
- Level: Intermediate
- Student must have prior bag making experience before taking this class. If you’re new to bag making, try our Sling or Classic Tote workshops.
Duration: 2 days, 7 hours each*
*Duration may vary depending on student's pace. Fees may apply for additional sessions.
Schedule: By appointment. Set your preferred schedule with the instructor via email (email@example.com) or SMS/Viber (+63919 921 6210) after checkout.
Meet your Instructor: Patty Santos
Project: 1 leather hobo tote
Topics and Techniques:
- Pattern making
- Tapered T-base
- Adding seam allowance for a boot seam and folded edges
- Bag construction
- Attaching magnetic snaps
- Stitching with diamond chisels
- Reinforcing the base
- Operating the skiving machine
- Heat-stamping (optional/ if time permits)
All tools for the workshop are available at the studio. No need to bring tools.
As for leather and hardware, there are two options:
- Bring Your Own Leather and Hardware: For this option, student must bring his/her own leather to the studio. It is best to consult the instructor via email regarding leather and hardware before the workshop. All other materials will be provided at the studio.
- Inclusive of Leather and Hardware (+PhP1,250): The studio will provide top-grain leather for the body, veg-tanned leather straps, and solid brass hardware.
*You may secure a slot with a 50% downpayment, and the balance can be paid on or before the day of the workshop.