Bag Making: Boston
Learn how to create rolled handles and piping as you create a leather Boston bag at this three-day intermediate class.
- Student must have prior bag making experience before taking this class. If you’re new to bag making, try our basic bag making classes: tote or sling.
Duration may very depending on student's pace.
- Standard Boston Bag - 3-4 days
- Boston Bag with lining, pocket, and crossbody strap - 4-5 days
Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays, 9am to 5pm
You can set your preferred dates with the instructor via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or SMS/Viber (+63919 921 6210) after checkout.
Meet your Instructor: Pat Peralta
Project: 1 leather Boston bag
Topics and Techniques:
- Pattern making for an all-round body
- Rolled handles
- Creating a zippered closure
- Operating the skiving machine
- Heat stamping
- Optional add-on: lining, pocket, and crossbody strap
Materials:Material inclusions will depend on the package you choose:
- Standard Boston Bag: All materials will be provided at the studio. This includes veg-tanned leather, hardware, and fillers for piping and handles.
- With Lining and Crossbody: All materials will be provided at the studio. This includes all materials in the Standard Boston Bag package, plus pig skin lining, cotton webbing for the crossbody strap, and additional hardware.
- Use Your Own Leather: For this option, student must bring his/her own leather to the studio. Veg-tanned leather is ideal, but if the student opts to bring another leather type, it must be approved by the instructor beforehand. All other materials such as hardware and fillers will be provided at the studio.