Level 3: Satchel Bag Workshop
Try your hand at crafting this classic leather design.
- Level: Intermediate
- Student must have prior bag making experience before taking this class. If you’re new to bag making, try our basic bag making classes: tote or sling.
Duration: 4-5 days, 8 hours each*
*Duration may vary depending on student's pace. Fees may apply for additional sessions.
Schedule: By appointment. Set your preferred schedule with the instructor via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or SMS/Viber (+63919 921 6210) after checkout.
Meet your Instructor: Pat Peralta
Project: 1 leather satchel
Topics and Techniques:
- Pattern making:
- all-round pocket gusset
- raised-base and inset gusset pattern
- buckle attachments
- Operating the skiving machine
- Edgework: creasing, beveling, burnishing
- Heat stamping (optional)
- Bag Construction
All tools for the workshop are available at the studio. No need to bring tools.
As for leather and hardware, there are options:
- Bring Your Own Leather and Hardware: For this option, student must bring his/her own leather to the studio. It is best to consult the instructor via email regarding leather and hardware before the workshop. All other materials will be provided at the studio.
- Inclusive of Leather and Hardware (+PhP 4,500): The studio will provide Argentine veg-tanned leather, and solid brass hardware.
*You may secure a slot with a 50% downpayment, and the balance can be paid on or before the last day of the workshop.