Bag Making: Boston
Learn how to create rolled handles and piping as you create a leather Boston bag at this three-day intermediate class.
- Student must have prior bag making experience before taking this class. If you’re new to bag making, try our basic bag making classes: tote or sling.
Duration may very depending on student's pace, and the selected module. Each day is an 8-hour session.
- Standard Boston Bag - at least 3 days
- Boston Bag with lining, pocket, and crossbody strap - at least 5 days
Schedule: by appointment
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 5pm
Set your preferred schedule with the instructor via email (email@example.com) or SMS/Viber (+63919 921 6210) after checkout.
Meet your Instructor: Pat Peralta
Project: 1 leather Boston bag
Topics and Techniques:
- Pattern making for an all-round body
- Rolled handles
- Creating a zippered closure
- Operating the skiving machine
- Heat stamping
- Optional add-on: lining, pocket, and crossbody strap
All tools for the workshop are available at the studio. No need to bring tools.
As for leather and hardware, there are options:
- Bring Your Own Leather and Hardware: For this option, student must bring his/her own leather to the studio. It is best to consult the instructor via email regarding leather and hardware before the workshop. All other materials will be provided at the studio.
- Inclusive of Leather and Hardware (+PhP1,500/ PhP3,500): The studio will provide Argentine veg-tanned leather, and solid brass hardware. For the module with Lining, Pockets, and Crossbody Strap, pigskin lining, cotton webbing, and additional solid brass hardware will be included.
*You may secure a slot with a 50% downpayment, and the balance can be paid on or before the last day of the workshop.