Level 1: Basic Leather Crafting Extended
Perfect for beginners, this class aims to equip students with the basic tools and techniques that will allow them to create a wide variety of leather objects.
This extended version of our Basic Leather Crafting is a full day class that covers more techniques. The afternoon session will focus on stitching with diamond chisels and handcrafting with veg-tanned leather.
- If you're not available on the provided schedule, contact us for a private session.
- The studio is located at 2nd Floor, 22 Malingap Street, Teachers Village, Diliman.
Meet your Instructor/s:
- Key fob
- Cord organizer
- Card wallet
- Hand-stitched pouch
- Choose 2 out of 3 the following: Eyewear Case, Luggage Tag, Money Clip (all patterns and materials will be provided, 2 of 3 proejcts will be made during the workshop)
Topics and Techniques:
- Choosing leather
- An introduction to basic tools
- Setting rivets
- Setting button snaps
- Saddle stitching with hollow punchers
- Edge work with veg-tanned leather
- Creasing and/or stamping
- Saddle stitching with diamond chisels
All tools materials will be provided at the studio. About the kits:
- No Add-ons: This is the standard Basic Leather Crafting Kit which includes specialized leather crafting tools and materials.
- A4 Cutting Mat, Ruler & Hammer (+500): Choose this add-on if you want these materials included in your kit.
- Divider Caliper, Diamond Chisels, Creaser (+PhP990) Tools used in handstitching fine leather goods.
- All Add-ons (+1490)
Private Sessions: There is an additional PhP 500 fee for one-on-one sessions. This fee, however, is waived for private sessions with at least two (2) participants. Contact us so we can match your availability with an instructor.
*You may secure a slot with a 50% downpayment, and the balance can be paid on or before the last day of the workshop.