Bag Making Online: Sling
The sling bag is a good entryway to handcrafting leather bags. Learn how to create and manipulate the T-shape pattern, and assemble the bag all in one sitting.
- Student must have prior leather crafting experience before taking this class. If you’re new to leather craft, try our entry level Basic Leather Crafting Workshop.
- Students will be able to choose leather colors and hardware finish via email after checkout.
- If you're not available on the provided schedule, contact us for a private session.
Oct 9 (SAT) 9AM - 5PM
Meet your Instructor/s:
Project: 1 leather sling bag
Topics and Techniques:
- Pattern making basics
- Creating and manipulating the T-shape pattern
- Bag construction
- Kit inclusions are detailed HERE.
- You may opt to include suede or top-grain leather in your kit. You can also use your own leather.
- If you choose to use your own leather, better consult with the instructor if what you have is an appropriate leather type for this project. You may do so via email (email@example.com).
- The following tools are also necessary for the class:
- BLC kit
- Any round object that can be traced for the flap
- It is also highly recommended that students use a bigger mat and ruler than those provided in BLC. The A2 cutting mat and 60cm ruler are available as an add-on.
To make the most out of the class, make sure that you have the following:
- Stable internet connection (stay close to your router for stronger connection)
- Device that has a camera and mic (i.e., smart phone, tablet, laptop)
- Sturdy table that can take a lot of hammering, at least 2 x 4 ft in size.
- Work space wherein you can make considerable noise for the duration of the class.